Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back in Love::Film's not Dead

As some of you might know my love affair with photography started many years ago when I took a class while in high school. The intention was to hang out with my buddies, get an easy A, pad the GPA, and simply goof off. It was in my photo class where I fell in love with photography. Not just making photographs with the camera but actually developing my own film in the dark room, hang drying the prints, to finally hanging the photos on the walls of my room. I loved everything about the process.

It's probably been about 5 years since I shot film. With digital cameras and that instant gradification you get with being able to see the photos with a matter of about a second. Truth is, I've been yearning to shoot film for a while now. It's a much slower process but a more gradifying one. As much as I love my professional digital DSLR cameras I picked up a used Nikon F100 film camera and some Fuji Film Pro 400H. The results are finally in from my first two rolls of shooting film once again and upon seeing the photos I got that same warm fuzzy feeling I did when I developed my first photo.

Check it out:

*Please note these are all straight out of camera, no digital manipulation at all.

film-012

__6_0014

film-019

film-018

film-021

film-020

film-023

film-024

film-002

film-006

film-008

film-007

film-009

film-011

film-017

film-015

4 comments:

Catie Ronquillo February 3, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Awww your little guy is so cute. And those boots! Adorable. He's like a mini Rob. :)

Manus Cjhau February 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

great stuff rob. 400h is an awesome film.

Anonymous February 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

these pictures are remarkable! im inspired to take pictures like yours. he is so cute and his outfit is perfect!

jenbabae March 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

I'm digging those rain boots! Little man has style! :)

I think those cute pictures of the cows just got me to be steak-free for a while again.

Fans

Proud Member of

411

Hey everyone thanks for stopping by to check out the blog! I'm truly blessed and honored to have the opportunity to document two families coming together as one. What you'll find here is nothing but the essence of love, life and celebration. I hope you enjoy your stay here and please do spread the love.

Cheers!

Rob

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP