Friday, August 28, 2009

2009 Oakland Fine Arts Summer School Finally::Time of My Life

As some of you guys were aware I participated again this year in the Oakland Fine Arts Summer School program here in Oakland as the photography instructor for 4th and 5th graders. Words cannot express how blessed I was for the opportunity to work with such wonderful kids doing what I love. Although the program ran for 4 weeks I'd like to share just the last two days of the program, one in which the kids put on a showcase event for their parents. This year there were some wonderful instructors in dance and theater not to mention an incredible set and costume design instructor. Since the death of Michael Jackson took place during the program the dance instructor appropriately put together a performance in his honor and the kids absolutely rocked it.

While documenting the showcase I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with a feeling of "My kids are all grown up!!!" I was so proud of all the kids who spent countless hours rehearsing and practicing. This definitely has to be one of the all time highlights of my life.

Lastly check out this article from the SF Chronicle about the program. Too bad they were just there for the morning program (I taught in the afternoon program).

See for yourself!

This year's theme for the Parks and Rec Department
2009 OFASS-009

2009 OFASS-001

2009 OFASS-008

2009 OFASS-002

2009 OFASS-003

2009 OFASS-004

2009 OFASS-005

2009 OFASS-007

2009 OFASS-021

Some of the boys doing their version of MJ's "I'll be there"
2009 OFASS-023

2009 OFASS-024

2009 OFASS-025

2009 OFASS-026

2009 OFASS-027

2009 OFASS-029

2 comments:

Rosaura August 28, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Hey Rob! Wow! This looks like a fantastic event and experience for all. Thank you for sharing this and sharing your talent with all these young people... inspiring! :)

Jen.Ay January 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

I LOVE IT! IT CAPTURES THE VERY ESSENCE OF MJ's INFLUENCE! I WAS SO PROUD OF THEM!!

Fans

Proud Member of

411

Hey everyone thanks for stopping by to check out the blog! I'm truly blessed and honored to have the opportunity to document two families coming together as one. What you'll find here is nothing but the essence of love, life and celebration. I hope you enjoy your stay here and please do spread the love.

Cheers!

Rob

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP